Ear, Nose & Throat – Sinus Treatment
Sinusitis is a common condition that affects over 35 million people every year. At Hattiesburg Clinic Ear, Nose & Throat, we provide sinus treatment for patients daily who battle sinusitis, an infection of the sinuses.
The sinuses are air-filled spaces behind your forehead, cheeks and eyes. In healthy sinuses, mucus drains out and air is able to circulate. If air is not able to circulate, swelling of the sinus area can lead to blockages and prevent mucus from draining properly. Without proper attention, this can lead to an infection.
Symptoms of sinusitis can include:
- Loss of smell or bad breath.
- Headache and facial pain or tenderness.
- Lack of energy.
- Nasal congestion and discharge.
- Sore throat and postnasal drip.
Sinusitis is unique to each patient that experiences it and can vary in severity and scope. We offer the following treatment options for any patient that is experiencing sinusitis.
- If you are experiencing minior sinusitis symptoms, treatment can be addressed by self-care or prescribed medicines.
- Office balloon sinus dilation.
- If you experience multiple sinusitis breakouts in a year, or if your symptoms last three months or longer, you can be treated with a balloon sinus dilation, also known as Balloon Sinuplasty.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Endoscopy sinus surgery is an alternative to the Balloon Sinuplasty, and can be used for patients who experience several breakouts in a year or symptoms for three months or longer.