If you already have an Iris account and are on your phone, use the MyChart app to access Iris (or download the MyChart app from your app store; then narrow the search to Mississippi to find Iris). Iris is the preferred method when scheduling your appointment. Log in to your account and follow these steps:
- From the home screen click the “Appointments” icon
- At the bottom of the next screen, click “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Tell us why you’re coming in” on the next screen
- Select “Curbside COVID-19 Testing” and follow the “Reason you are coming in”
- Complete the eCheck-In process by moving through several screens to fill out and submit all the required documents
- Optional: turn on “Location-based Arrival” by clicking that button then “Appointment Arrival” which routes you to your Settings > Location > Always. This will help us know when you have arrived in the parking lot for your appointment.
If you do not have an Iris account or want to continue booking via a web browser on your computer or phone:
After you have read Steps 1-10, book an appointment at the bottom of the screen with the button that says “SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW”. Only one person is allowed per appointment time slot. You must pick an appointment time at least 3 hours past the current time or you may be required to reschedule. In the event of severe inclement weather, services may need to be temporarily suspended.
You will be asked to enter a Reason for Visit (the box with a red asterisk). After clicking “Schedule It!” at the bottom (you may have to scroll down depending on your screen), you will be asked if you have an Iris account or if you wish to continue as a guest.
- If you already have an Iris account and are on a computer, stay in the web browser, and log in using your username and password to proceed then continue to Step 2.
- If you do not have an active Iris account, continue as a guest and fill out the Patient Information screen and Insurance Information screen (you may need to scroll to the bottom) to see the “Next” button and complete steps to confirm you are not a robot and finish with “Schedule It!”. You will later receive a phone call from someone who will help you set up an Iris account in order to proceed to Step 2 to complete eCheck-in and additional documentation if you want to continue in the web browser (as opposed to downloading and signing into the MyChart Iris app).
Continuing on Iris through a web browser, on the next screen called “Appointment details”, click the green button “ECHECK-IN” (ignore the “CONFIRM” button).
Complete the 4 sets of registration documents (Sign Document, Medications, Allergies, and Questionnaire). New patients to Forrest General/Hattiesburg Clinic will complete 2 additional registration documents (Personal Info and Insurance). Proceed through the screens, clicking “This information is correct” then “Next” to advance through the screens. You are providing information that is required of the Mississippi Department of Health and of the lab that is performing the test about your symptoms, travel history, contacts, medical history, residence, and make and model of the car you will be arriving in for the testing. You will acknowledge the consent as stated above to complete the online process. After the Questionnaire is completed, click the “Continue” button.
Review/modify your Curbside COVID-19 Questionnaire responses, and click “Submit” to complete the eCheck-in process.
You will receive a phone call to the cell phone you provided to complete the registration process. If we are unable to reach you on the phone number provided, you may be required to reschedule your appointment.
Arrive at the facility, located at 5909 Highway 49, Hattiesburg, MS. You may enter from either entrance to the parking lot, located on Hicks Road on the West and South sides of the complex. You should plan to be present at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment and wait in the designated holding area (way-finding signs in the parking lot will direct you to the Holding Area).
You will be called again after you reach the holding area and instructed to proceed to a designated parking slot in the testing area. If we are unable to reach you on the phone number provided, you may be required to reschedule your appointment.
After you reach your designated parking slot in the testing area, you will stay in your car. Your identity will be verified, and your temperature will be taken and recorded. Following that, a testing sample for COVID will be obtained by a nasal swab (a swab will be inserted into each nostril).
You will be provided instructions about required home quarantine and self-care according to CDC guidelines, and you will be directed to exit the testing facility via the Northeast exit onto the frontage road.
Once your results are received by the Cough & Fever Clinic, you will be contacted with your results with further instructions. Please do not call the Cough & Fever Clinic or Curbside COVID before we have contacted you. Results typically take 24-72 hours to return.