How to Avoid Re-Gaining the Weight
Behaviors of Successful Weight Maintainers
- 78% eat breakfast every day
- 75% weigh themselves at least once a week
- 62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week
- 90% exercise, on average, about one hour per day
How Much Physical Activity Does it Take to Prevent Weight Regain?
- 150 minutes/week for general health benefit
- 150-300 minutes/week to prevent weight gain
- 300-420 minutes/week to prevent weight regain – a person does not have to exercise to lose weight, but in order to prevent regaining weight, exercise becomes increasingly important
Weight Management: Pathways to Improving Your Health
Hattiesburg Clinic Weight Management will provide healthy tips and information each month. To be notified of an update via text message, opt in by texting the word WEIGHT to 57711.