Hattiesburg Clinic complies with applicable Federal Civil Rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity age, disability, or sex. Hattiesburg Clinic:
- Provides free aids and services with disabilities to communicate with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the department manager or Compliance Officer.
If you believe that Hattiesburg Clinic has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Hattiesburg Clinic’s Compliance Officer, 415 S 28th Avenue, Hattiesburg, MS 39401, Phone (601)268-5832, Fax (601)261-3615, Email email@example.com You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Compliance Officer is available to you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html