Adult Services Overview
Our licensed psychologists provide adult mental counseling services to patients ages 18 years and older. Through assessment, evaluation and therapy, our goal is to help adults with mental illness improve their physical, social and emotional well being.
Our psychologists have the professional training and clinical skill to help people to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health problems. They help their patients by using a variety of techniques based on the best available research, the patient’s unique values, characteristics, goals and circumstances.
Many adults seek behavioral health services when situations in his/her life become unmanageable. Possible signs that you may need to seek our services include:
- Difficulty controlling worry.
- Panic attacks.
- Fears, such as being in public.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Dealing with a chronic illness or chronic pain.
- Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior.
- Dealing with workplace stress.
- Irritability or anger that becomes problematic.
- Developing skills for conflict resolution.
- Improving communication in marriage or with children, or other family members.
- Strengthening couples relationships.
- Painful memories from the past that are impacting daily living in a negative way.
- Difficulty with career/vocational direction, or help with exploring of various majors to explore in college.
It’s common to feel these emotions but not understand why. Patients often experience behavior changes but do not know the cause or how to get back to their normal selves.
Our psychologists also provide pre-surgical psychological evaluations for bariatric surgery and implantable pain management devices, and evaluations for Adult ADHD. These evaluations include not only an initial interview, but also psychological testing.