Hattiesburg Clinic offers telehealth video visits so you can electronically visit with certain providers through your Iris account.
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, is the use of video and voice technology to deliver health care services at a distance. With Hattiesburg Clinic’s live telehealth video service, you have the ability to schedule time with a provider through a two-way video conference while never leaving your office or home. All you need is a device with a camera, such as a smart phone, tablet or computer. You must also have an active Iris account and contact your provider’s office to schedule the video visit. If you don’t have an Iris account, please contact your provider’s office and they will assist you in setting one up.
How to Use Telehealth:
Once your provider has scheduled your Telehealth video visit, the video visit will occur through the Iris application. Please follow these steps:
Preferred Method – from a mobile device:
(You must download the MyChart® app in order to utilize Telehealth from your mobile device. The mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple or Android Store)
- Step 1 – Log in to your MyChart® app 15 minutes prior to your scheduled video visit.
- Step 2 – Select “Visits.”
- Step 3 – Select your video visit appointment.
- Step 4 – Complete eCheck-in, which includes verifying demographics, insurance, medications and allergies, as well as electronically signing a telemedicine consent.
From a computer:
- Step 1 – Log in to Iris through the website 15 minutes prior to your scheduled video visit.
- Step 2 – From the main page, select “Visits,” then choose “eCheck-in” for your upcoming video visit.
- Step 3 – Complete eCheck-in, which includes verifying demographics, insurance, medications and allergies, as well as electronically signing a telemedicine consent.
Once these steps are done, you will be ready to start your video visit. Please wait for the provider to join your visit. If you have issues while waiting for your scheduled time or during the visit, simply call your provider’s office or (601) 579-5432.
Don’t have an Iris account and want to sign up? Contact your provider’s office, and they will assist you in setting one up.
We have enabled all available encryption and privacy modes in our Iris telehealth video service and are compliant with all health care regulations. Please note that if you choose to utilize a third party application, such as Apple FaceTime, Facebook Messenger video chat, Google Hangouts video, Zoom, and Skype, these services are not supported by Hattiesburg Clinic and there are potential privacy risks.
For more information, please visit the Health Information Privacy (HHS) website. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/emergency-preparedness/index.html