421 South 28th Avenue
28th Place – Suite 100
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- One of three facilities in Mississippi to be considered a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- One of ten facilities in Mississippi to be accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for stereotactic biopsy
- Accredited by the ACR for digital mammography
- One of 11 facilities in Mississippi to be ACR accredited in breast ultrasound
- Only facility in the state to be accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Magnetic Resonance Laboratories (ICAMRL) for dedicated breast MRI
The Breast Center features several accomodations to make sure each patient’s visit is as comfortable as possible:
- Private lockers and changing areas
- Women-only relaxation and waiting area
- Spa robes for comfort
- Convenient parking
BREAST & MAMMOGRAPHY SERVICES
The Breast Center at Hattiesburg Clinic is dedicated to providing a private, comfortable setting to meet the special needs of women for their breast screen and diagnostic exams. As a premier imaging provider in South Mississippi, we provide the latest, most comprehensive care for women’s health.
We proudly provide digital mammography and dedicated breast MRI services. To learn more about these scans, please click on each link below:
- Digital mammography – a screening process used to detect breast cancer. Images are stored and retrieved electronically, eliminating the time needed for the development of film. Digital mammograms give a much clearer, sharper image that can easily be enhanced. This screening technique provides less of a wait time for our patients. With this technology, we are also able to provide a 3D mammography (also known as breast tomosynthesis) to our patients. (click for more)
- Dedicated breast MRI – We are the only facility in Mississippi that offers the Aurora® Dedicated Breast MRI System. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) utilizes both magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed image of the body. Unlike conventional whole body MRI systems, the Aurora® Dedicated Breast MRI System is designed specifically for breast imaging. (click for more)
In addition to 3D digital mammography and the dedicated breast MRI, we also offer the following services (for more information, please click each link):
- Breast ultrasound – A breast ultrasound is typically used to further examine an abnormality found on a mammogram. The process does not use X-ray radiation.
- Bone densitometry – Bone density scanning is a service we offer to our patients who may suffer from osteoporosis – a disease that weakens the bones.
- Breast biopsy – We offer several tests to further scan for and diagnose breast cancer, including an ultrasound guided biopsy, MRI guided breast biopsy and stereotactic biopsy.
The American Cancer Society recommends women over the age of 40 have a routine mammogram once a year. Mammograms can detect abnormalities in the breast even before they can be felt by a clinical breast exam, enabling doctors to catch diseases at their earliest stages and reducing the risk of dying from breast cancer by 30 percent.
Appointments are available at The Breast Center Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please call your physician to schedule an appointment.