Hattiesburg Clinic’s mission as a group practice is to provide quality health care in an efficient and cost effective manner, with emphasis on excellence and service to the patient. Our goal is to be the health care provider of choice in South Mississippi.
• Commitment to each patient
Hattiesburg Clinic first opened its doors on May 1, 1963. The clinic traces its roots to 1948 when Ramsay O’Neal, MD, an OB-GYN physician, and Glen T. Pearson, MD, a general surgeon, became partners. Together, these doctors began planning what is now the state’s largest multi-specialty clinic. Fifteen years later, Hattiesburg Clinic, then 10 doctors strong, was officially opened at the present site.
Fifty years after its beginning, the clinic has grown to over 300 physicians and providers, caring for patients in more than 18 counties in South Mississippi.
Along with almost 2,000 professional staff employees, these physicians and providers come together for a common purpose, to serve the over 500,000 residents who live and work in South Mississippi every day.