Leslie T. Rollins, FNP, Now Offering Breastfeeding Counseling
Leslie T. Rollins, FNP, a family nurse practitioner at The Pediatric Clinic, was recently credentialed as a certified lactation counselor (CLC). This certification identifies a professional in lactation counseling who has demonstrated the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes to provide clinical breastfeeding counseling to families who are thinking about breastfeeding or who have questions or problems during the course of breastfeeding or lactation.
Lactation services provided by Rollins include:
- Individualized breastfeeding care for mother and baby
- Breastfeeding evaluations and assessments
- Latch technique and positioning education/assistance
- Milk management, pumping education and pumping scheduling
- Consultation for difficulties, concerns or special needs
Rollins received training and competency verification in breastfeeding and human lactation support, interventions for breastfeeding mothers, and a biological understanding of milk production. At the end of her training, Rollins passed her CLC exam offered by The Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice.
To schedule an appointment or to receive additional information, call (601) 579-3000.