Make Sure Your Family Is Protected This Flu Season
In addition to weekday flu vaccination clinic at our main clinic, Hattiesburg Clinic is offering Saturday Flu Vaccination Clinic to help you and your family safeguard against flu this season. The vaccination clinic will be offered Saturday, Sept. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the first floor of Hattiesburg Clinic.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends people 6 months and older get vaccinated each year, especially those who are at a high risk of serious complications from the illness.
Those at high risk of flu-related complications include:
- Young children (especially 6 months through 4-years-old)
- Adults 50 years of age and older
- Pregnant women (and women up to two weeks postpartum)
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People with medical conditions, such as asthma, neurological disorders, lung disease, heart disease, weakened immune system, extreme obesity, etc.
To learn more about flu or how to prevent it, visit www.hattiesburgclinic.com/flu. For questions about the walk-in Flu Vaccination Clinic, call (601) 261-1620.