Ear, Nose & Throat – Facial Plastic Surgery
The face is the most expressive part of the human body; however, several factors can take its toll on facial features. These factors include: general aging, sun exposure, stress and more. Many patients choose to have facial plastic surgery in order to enhance and redefine certain facial features, cosmetically – or to correct birth defects or disfigurements caused by injury, accident or illness. Dr. T. Luke Thompson at Hattiesburg Clinic Ear, Nose & Throat, is trained and board certified in facial plastic surgery techniques to help meet the needs and desires of the patient, both medically and cosmetically. This aspect of his practice is focused on the head and neck and he is proud to provide individualized care for patients regarding facial anatomy, surgical techniques and the visual appeal of the face. Electing for a cosmetic service is a big decision and Dr. Thompson will walk you through every question or concern to make sure you are choosing the best procedure to achieve your aesthetic desires.
Our doctors provide the following facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Nose surgery (rhinoplasty).
- Rhinoplasty is the surgical term for improving the appearance of the nose. This procedure can be performed cosmetically or as an improvement method for breathing.
- Due to aging, patients opt for a face-lift to reduce larger wrinkles in the face. A face-lift can be a very simple procedure or complex based on the patient request.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Belpharoplasty is the reduction of excess skin and tissue of the upper and lower eyelids. This procedure can be done on just the upper eye lids, lower eye lids or both.
- Chin augmentation/implant (mentoplasty / genioplasty).
- This procedure is often performed in conjunction with rhinoplasty, to improve the jaw line.
- Ear pinning (otoplasty).
- Otoplasty is usually performed on children with protruding ears or on adults who are concerned about the visual appearance of their ears.
- Eye Brow Lift
- Reduces wrinkle lines across the forehead, on the bridge of the nose and between the eyes.
In addition to facial plastic surgery, Dr. Thompson also offers several cosmetic enhancements, including:
- Injectable fillers including BOTOX®, Restylane®, Perlane® and Juvederm®.
- Lattise® lash growth and enhancement.
If you are interested in facial plastic surgery or the variety of cosmetic options available, Dr. Thompson will work with you to answer any questions or concerns you may have.