Hattiesburg Clinic COPD Care offers care for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Our experienced team is committed to improving the health and quality of life for those living with COPD.
Our primary goal is to keep you healthy and out of the hospital.
What is COPD?
COPD refers to a group of diseases that cause airflow blockage and breathing-related problems, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis. More than 140,000 Mississippians are currently diagnosed with COPD, according to the Mississippi State Department of Health.
Although there is no cure for COPD, it can be treated.
We provide assessment and treatment for patients with respiratory failure, acute bronchitis and other conditions associated with chronic lung disease.
Specific services include:
- Evaluation for severity of diseases
- Pulmonary function tests
- Assistance with medications
- Assessment for home oxygen
- Follow-up for patients discharged from hospital
- Coordination of durable medial equipment (oxygen, nebulizer, home health, pulmonary rehab)