Functional & Integrative Medicine Offering 21-Day Nutritional Detox Workshop
Do you need a health reset after the holidays? Do you have a New Year’s resolution to live a healthier lifestyle but need some expert and group support?
Hattiesburg Clinic Functional & Integrative Medicine is offering the “21-Day Nutritional Detox Workshop,” hosted by Functional and Integrative Medicine Specialist Claudia Karam, MD.
The workshop will consist of four sessions, which will be held February 20, February 27, March 6 and March 13, with each session beginning 6:30 p.m. The first session will be in person with Dr. Karam at Hattiesburg Clinic Support Services building. All other sessions will be presented via Facebook Live.
During the workshop, participants will:
- Understand what detoxification is and the science behind it
- Learn how to support your body’s natural detoxification process through food, lifestyle changes and supplements, as needed
- Learn what environmental toxins you could be exposed to and how they may be affecting your health
- Learn about phytonutrients and their affects on the body
“This is an opportunity for individuals in Hattiesburg and surrounding areas to join a supportive, like-minded community during a 21-day health journey. The goal is to help educate people about detoxification and those who take part could experience various benefits, such as weight loss, improved energy and mental clarity, decreased pain and improved digestion,” said Karam.
The registration includes:
- Four weekly hour-long group sessions with Dr. Karam
- Access to a closed, private Facebook group for support from fellow members
- Educational materials, including: Medical Symptom Questionnaire (before and after), Detox Food Plan Comprehensive Guide, Detox Food Plan Week 1 Planner and Recipes, Detox Recipe Guide for Weeks 2 and 3, Toxin Exposure Questionnaire, and Phytonutrient Spectrum Food List.
The cost of the workshop is $149, with all four sessions and educational materials included. Nutritional supplements are optional and may be purchased separately. Those who register with a friend or colleague will get a discounted registration for $129 per person. (Participants must sign up at the same time by calling (601) 261-1690 to register. Not available through Eventbrite).
Those who register before January 20 will receive a free multivitamin/mineral supplement ($25 value). For more information, call (601) 261-1690. To register, click here. Limited space is available.