Heart & Vascular
415 South 28th Avenue
Main Clinic – 3rd Floor
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
- What is your position in the clinic? I’m the head of cardiac electrophysiology and the treatment of heart rhythm disorders. I’m also over the pacemaker and ICD clinic.
- What are your responsibilities in this position? I am the only electrophysiologist for a large cardiology group and a large group of referring doctors in our city and also in the state. I specialize in the evaluation and treatment of heart rhythm disorders, basically arrhythmias. I also do a lot of devices where we put in pacemakers, defibrillators and heart failure devices. I’ve also started up a center, along with Dr. [L. Carr] McClain, to do what’s called device management and lead extraction.
- How long have you been with the clinic? I have been with the clinic a year.
- Where is your hometown? Born in Jackson, Miss., and raised in Greenville, Miss.
- When you’re not at Hattiesburg Clinic, what do you like to do? I love golf; snow and water skiing, and I love football and Mixed Martial Arts.
- What makes you proud to work for Hattiesburg Clinic? The ability to establish a much needed electrophysiology program in this area.
- Tell me something your co-workers don’t know about you. They probably don’t know that I was one of the people who helped pioneer radiofrequency catheter ablation in the early days and wrote several papers on catheter ablation of heart arrhythmias. And I did the first pectoral implant of an ICD in the state of Florida.
- He enjoys traveling to Europe and has visited three times.
- He was a competitive swimmer in his youth.
- He’s an astronomy buff who loves the beach and roller coasters.
- He’s a big fan of the Blue Angels and did not miss a Blue Angels airshow for 23 years.
- Loves “absolutely all kinds of music.” (especially hard rock, soft rock and blues)