Purvis Family Practice Clinic
102 Shelby Speights Drive
Purvis, MS 39475
Michael R. O’Neal, MD
- What is your position in the clinic? Family Medicine physician at Purvis Family Practice Clinic.
- What are your responsibilities in this position? Daily family practice for acute, chronic and preventive care, as well as health education.
- How long have you been with the clinic? Twenty-five years.
- Where is your hometown?
- When you’re not at Hattiesburg Clinic, what do you like to do? Hiking, gardening and swimming.
- What is your favorite thing about working at Hattiesburg Clinic? Forming long-term friendships with my patients and having a family like staff.
- What makes you proud to work for Hattiesburg Clinic? Hattiesburg Clinic has changed tremendously since I came to the clinic. I have always been proud of how the organization’s leadership adapted to and supported these changes, always trying to make change the best.
- Tell me something your co-workers don’t know about you. I worked on a cattle farm growing up. I spent four months in Bolivia in the Andes Mountains and Alliplano as a medical student. I once made a loaf of bread from flour of the white oak acorns I gathered on the mountains I lived on in Kentucky.
- What is your motto in life? The saying that you repeat to your children the most? To my children: When you hear yourself pre-judging – stop, rethink and apply compassion.
- What song is on in your car or what radio station is on in your car right now? Rolling Stones’ “Blue” and “Lonesome.”
- What are the top three things to do on your bucket list? Go to Bhutan, Cuba, and the Grand Canyon.
- Tell us about your family. My father was a physician, and my mother was a nurse. I have five sisters and one brother. I have four children and two grandchildren. We are all Methodist.